- flesh of any of various grouse of the family Tetraonidae; usually roasted; flesh too dry to broil
- hunt grouse
- Tom is grouse hunting.
- He's got nothing to grouse about.
- Grouse, guineafowl, partridges, pheasants, tragopans
- Phasianidae Grouse, guineafowl, partridges, pheasants, tragopans
- hare, rabbit and game (antelope, deer, boar, pheasant, grouse, pigeon, quail, etc.),
- Other (such as partridges, pheasants, quail, woodcocks, snipe, pigeons, grouse, ortolan, wild ducks, wild geese, thrushes, blackbirds, larks, finches, tits, humming birds, peacocks, swans, and other birds not specified in heading 01.05).