- a short vacation about halfway through a school term
"he came to visit at half-term"
- Half-life, t1/2 (d): Term used to characterise the rate of a first order reaction.
- The term of office of the members elected by the Board of Supervisors shall be two-and-a-half years. That term may be extended once.
- The term of office of the President, Vice-Presidents and Quaestors shall be two and a half years.
- The half-life and the degradation rate constant are related by the equation t1/2 = ln2/k. Degradation half time, DT50 (d): Term used to quantify the outcome of biodegradation tests.
- However, with regards to the first appointment of members only, half of the members shall be appointed for a two-year non-renewable term of office.
- a short term biopersistence test by inhalation has shown that the fibres longer than 20 μm have a weighted half-life less than 10 days; or
- a short term biopersistence test by intratracheal instillation has shown that the fibres longer than 20 μm have a weighted half-life less than 40 days; or
- The term of office of half of the members of the Management Board of the Authority will expire on 30 June 2006.
- The term of office of the Chairman and of the Vice-Chairman shall be two-and-a-half years and shall be renewable.
- Half of the members of the Management Board of the Authority will finish their term of office on 30 June 2008.
- For the first mandate, the term of office of half of the members of the Administrative Board and their alternates shall be six years.
- However, should the work of the study group continue beyond the end of a two-and-a-half or five-year term, the replacement shall only remain valid until the end of the term during which it was decided.
- With respect to short-term credits, the annual fee is set at half the annual fee for a long-term credit by the above-mentioned Act governing State lending and the provision of State guarantees.
- All relevant manufacturers and retailers should be aware of the Community Eco-label and in the long-term, more than half of European consumers should recognise the Community Eco-label logo as a label of environmental excellence. Actions
- The bureau of a section, elected for a term of two and a half years, shall comprise twelve members including a president and three vice-presidents, one from each group.