short-tailed Old World burrowing rodent with large cheek pouches
- Tom's hamster escaped.
- I had a hamster named Cookie.
- This hamster is small enough to carry in your pocket.
- My hamster has a swollen testicle on one side.
- His long-haired, blond, Teddy Bear hamster was called Jabberwocky.
- I'm pretty sure that my cat ate my hamster.
- The boy mourned the death of his hamster.
- She killed a hamster thinking that it was a mouse.
- When I was small, I had a golden hamster.
- Chinese hamster (Cricetulus griseus)
- Syrian (golden) hamster (Mesocricetus auratus)
- The wild ancestors (Mesocricetus sp.) of the laboratory hamster are largely solitary.
- The female hamster is larger and more aggressive than the male and can inflict serious injury on her mate.
- Galloway, S.M., Armstrong, M.J., Reuben, C., Colman, S., Brown, B., Cannon, C., Bloom, A.D., Nakamura, F., Ahmed, M., Duk, S., Rimpo, J., Margolin, G.H., Resnick, MA, Anderson, G. and Zeiger, E., (1978). Chromosome aberration and sister chromatic exchanges in Chinese hamster ovary cells: Evaluation of 108 chemicals. Environs. Molec.