loud and harsh sounding rock music with a strong beat; lyrics usually involve violent or fantastic imagery
a metal of relatively high density (specific gravity greater than about 5) or of high relative atomic weight (especially one that is poisonous like mercury or lead)
- Who's your favorite heavy metal guitarist?
- What makes you think that Tom likes "Heavy Metal"?
- What makes you think that Tom likes heavy metal?
- Uranium and Plutonium: tHM (tons of heavy metal).
- Production capacity of nuclear fuel elements: tHM (tons of heavy metal).
- Heavy metal salts (except of iron) or formaldehyde shall not be used for stripping or depigmentation.
- Hence, spare parts for those vehicles must be heavy metal free, even if they are used to replace parts which originally contained heavy metals.
- Use of polyvinylimidazole/polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVI/PVP) copolymers in order to reduce the copper, iron and heavy metal content
- Mixed non-ferrous metal, heavy fraction scrap, not containing Annex I materials in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III characteristics
- This third party submits that earlier press reports suggest a reprocessing price prior to BE’s restructuring of some GBP 1000/kg heavy metal (HM).
- These average values cover also the gaseous and the vapour forms of the relevant heavy metal emissions as well as their compounds.
- Cadmium is a heavy metal naturally present in the environment, but most emissions of this metal are due to various human activities (production of non-ferrous metals, combustion of fossil fuels, application of fertiliser, etc.).
- Annex II to Directive 2000/53/EC lists vehicle materials and components exempted from the heavy metal ban contained in Article 4(2)(a) thereof.
- The symbol indicating the heavy metal content shall be printed beneath the symbol shown in Annex II and shall cover an area of at least one-quarter the size of that symbol.
- establishing the conditions for a derogation for plastic crates and plastic pallets in relation to the heavy metal concentration levels established in Directive 94/62/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on packaging and packaging waste