- flesh of an older chicken suitable for stewing
- female of certain aquatic animals e.g. octopus or lobster
- This is a hen egg.
- The hen hatched five eggs.
- The hen has laid an egg.
- That's the meat of a hen.
- The hen keeps her brood under her.
- He is a hen-pecked husband.
- That fox must have killed the hen.
- My neighbors's hen is better than mine.
- The hen is hatching her chicks.
- This hen does not lay eggs at all these days.
- It is the hen that makes the rooster crow.
- What came first? The egg or the hen?
- A hen laid an egg in my closet.
- How many eggs does this hen lay each week?
- Anglo-Saxon was to Norman as hen-pecked to uxorious.