- a feeling of joy and pride
- My husband is in high spirits today.
- The party puts everyone in high spirits.
- He came home in high spirits.
- He is in high spirits today.
- He is poor, but he is in high spirits.
- The players were in high spirits after the game.
- Our team was in high spirits because of the victory.
- The senior citizens' spirits were high in spite of the bad weather.
- Father won first prize in the photo contest and was in high spirits.
- They were all in high spirits when they set out on their travels.
- Tonight I am in high spirits, as if flying weightlessly through the sky.
- In early youth, as we contemplate our coming life, we are like children in a theatre before the curtain is raised, sitting there in high spirits and eagerly waiting for the play to begin.
- The horse does not just represent energy, high spirits, prosperity, development, but also stands for a national spirit of struggling on without stopping, and of striving on without giving up.