- understanding the nature of an event after it has happened
"hindsight is always better than foresight"
- That's hindsight.
- In hindsight, this was a mistake.
- But, of course, hindsight is 20-20.
- With 20/20 hindsight, he could tell why they lost the game.
- The general had 20/20 hindsight about the defeat, but no foresight at all.
- In hindsight it is hard to decide whether this project had been a failure or whether it's spin-off benefits made it a success.
- Now I know I should have stayed in that job, but hindsight is always 20-20 - I couldn't have known it when I was leaving.
- With the benefit of hindsight, this turned out to be an unfortunate investment.
- The data in this decision that relate to later years are used only to show the effects of the transfer on WestLB's situation and in no way to justify or question the transaction with the benefit of hindsight.