- a teeming multitude
- a man-made receptacle that houses a swarm of bees
- gather into a hive
"The beekeeper hived the swarm"
- move together in a hive or as if in a hive
- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
- Bees communicate the location of food by carrying odor samples back to the hive.
- Commentators have variously described the sound of vuvuzelas as "annoying" and "satanic" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants", "a deafening swarm of locusts", "a goat on the way to slaughter", "a giant hive full of very angry bees", and "a duck on speed".
- Small hive beetle (Aethina tumida)
- Compensatory measures can take different forms, such as a hive‐off of assets or subsidiaries or the closure of capacity.
- As regards HB the hive-off was already envisaged in the original IBP, see recital (59) above.
- It should be noted here that a commitment was given in the course of the procedure to hive off the entire real estate services business from BGB.
- Honey made from acacia is light-coloured, smell is fragrant of acacia flowers, aroma is reminiscent of false acacia and taste reminiscent of the hive.
- The Commission therefore accepts that the favourable treatment was brought to an end with the hive-off of the special-purpose assets on 1 June 2003.
- On 5 May 2010, the United States notified the Commission of outbreaks of the small hive beetle in parts of the State of Hawaii.
- In the summer of 2002 Germany offered to hive the real estate services business off from BGB and to transfer it to the Land of Berlin.
- The small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) and Tropilaelaps mite (Tropilaelaps spp.) are exotic pests affecting honey bees that have spread to a number of third countries, creating serious problems to the apiculture industry.
- In this health certificate, there are no animal health requirements as regards the small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) or the Tropilaelaps mite (Tropilaelaps spp.), as these infestations have never been recorded in the Community.
- Prior to granting the loan, the IDA had commissioned a study from an independent expert in order to establish the value of PZL Wrocław once the hive-off from PZL Hydral had been completed (see point 66).
- as well as their packaging have undergone a visual examination to detect the occurrence of the small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) or their eggs and larvae, or other infestations, in particular Tropilaelaps spp., affecting bees.