- a classroom in which all students in a particular grade (or in a division of a grade) meet at certain times under the supervision of a teacher who takes attendance and does other administrative business
- I feel at home in this room.
- Make yourself at home in this room.
- When he returned home, he shut himself in his room.
- All the students respect their home room teacher.
- At home I have a room of my own.
- As soon as Jim got home, he made a beeline for the rest room.
- Since the light in his room is on, he must have come home.
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
- The typical middle-class American baby comes home from the hospital to sleep in his own bed in his own room.
- I don't have a washing machine at home, and so I have to go to the washing room in order to do the laundry.