- kleine, snel ronddraaiende wind; korte, hevige windstoot
- a severe tropical cyclone usually with heavy rains and winds moving a 73-136 knots (12 on the Beaufort scale)
- Hurricane Sandy is coming.
- Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.
- The hurricane is dangerously approaching.
- The hurricane damaged the small house.
- A category 5 hurricane causes maximum damage.
- Tom's house was destroyed by a hurricane.
- The category of a hurricane depends on its wind speed.
- The hurricane has already caused havoc in the Caribbean.
- The scarecrow in the backyard fell over during the hurricane.
- The eye of a hurricane is its center.
- In spite of the hurricane, the ship reached port.
- The pier took a real beating from the hurricane.
- Victims of the hurricane received financial aid from the government.
- After the hurricane, their house was a wreck.
- The death toll from the hurricane climbed to 200.