- some duty that is essential and urgent
- requiring attention or action
"as nuclear weapons proliferate, preventing war becomes imperative"
"requests that grew more and more imperative"
- relating to verbs in the imperative mood
- It's imperative to go out.
- It is imperative for you to finish by Sunday.
- It is imperative for you to act at once.
- It is imperative that you be on time as usual.
- It is imperative that we find another way out of this situation.
- If there was a verb called "to nache", "Nache!" would be the imperative form.
- It is imperative that we should encourage participatory forms of decision-making.
- Extra special treatment is imperative to get the vessel through government red tape, so that she can leave port on time.
- If you're placed in a position of authority, it is imperative that you take into consideration that point, if even just a little ...
- Harmonisation and imperative nature of this Directive
- Precise preparation of positive controls is imperative.
- Imperative nature of the Directive and application in international cases
- where the expulsion decision is based on imperative grounds of public security under Article 28(3).
- The interested parties' reference to the imperative of defining the relevant markets is incorrect.
- In light of the growing capacity crisis, the creation of new hubs is imperative.