- insolvabiliteit, onvermogen
lacking the power to perform
lack of ability (especially mental ability) to do something
- I am impatient with his inability to make decisions.
- Excessive choice results in the inability to choose.
- I was surprised at her inability to do things promptly.
- In question-answer sequences, the most frequent, and primary, accounts used tend to involve inability.
- Superstitions derive from the inability of men to acknowledge that coincidences are merely coincidences.
- Out of all the attributes of the gods, the one I find most pitiable is their inability to commit suicide.
- The fact that educated Americans in general no longer share understandable background knowledge is a chief cause of their inability to communicate effectively.
- Margaret Mead ascribes to the Balinese she studied an inability to follow complex directions. I ask, "What of her ability to express complex directions in Balinese?"
- When we hear of a divorce we assume that it was caused by the inability of those two people to agree upon fundamentals.
- Spending two hours writing an email that won't even take up one page of a sheet of paper is not something you can write home about. It's more like you're writing about your own inability to write coherently.
- The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
- Inability to stop
- Inability to determine fair value reliably
- No company claimed inability to pay.
- Inability to communicate the requested information