- vakbond binnen de industrie
- a labor union that admits all workers in a given industry irrespective of their craft
- The Bhopal Gas Tragedy, which occurred on the night of December 2, 1984 at the Union Carbide plant in Bhopal, India, is the world's worst industrial catastrophe.
- PROOF OF STATUS UNDER THE PROVISIONS ON FREE CIRCULATION FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS WITHIN THE EC-TURKEY CUSTOMS UNION
- PROOF OF STATUS UNDER THE PROVISIONS ON FREE CIRCULATION FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS WITHIN THE EC‐TURKEY CUSTOMS UNION
- Production in the European Union of certain agricultural and industrial products is insufficient to meet the specific requirements of the user industries in the Union.
- publishing, unlike other industrial activities, is extremely language dependent and thus State support to publishing is unlikely to affect cross-border trade in the European Union;
- Such an approach will also contribute to the achievement of a level playing field in the Union by aligning environmental performance requirements for industrial installations.
- opening and providing for the management of autonomous tariff quotas of the Union for certain agricultural and industrial products and repealing Regulation (EC) No 2505/96
- Since the objectives of this Directive, namely to ensure a high level of environmental protection and the improvement of environmental quality, cannot be sufficiently achieved by Member States and can, therefore, by reason of the transboundary nature of pollution from industrial activities, be better achieved at Union level, the Union may adopt measures in accordance with the principle of subsidiarity as set out in Article 5 of the Treaty on European Union.
- The Commission highlights the work done by the institutions of the Union in the specific field of film archives in Europe, including the Council Resolution of 24 November 2003  on the deposit of cinematographic works in the European Union and the Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council on film heritage and the competitiveness of related industrial activities which will be adopted before the end of 2005.
- Following preparations initiated and carried out by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) with the participation of the Member States which are members of the Hague Union, the Member States which are not members of the Hague Union and the European Community, the Diplomatic Conference, convened for that purpose at Geneva, adopted the Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement concerning the international registration of industrial designs (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Geneva Act’) on 2 July 1999.
- The general cross-sector organisations, namely the Union of Industrial and Employers' Confederations of Europe (UNICE) , the European Centre of Enterprises with Public Participation and of Enterprises of General Economic Interest (CEEP) and the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC), informed the Commission in a joint letter of 29 May 2000 of their wish to initiate the process provided for in Article 139 of the Treaty.
- The signing of the Protocol to the Euro-Mediterranean Agreement establishing an association between the European Communities and their Member States, of the one part, and the State of Israel, of the other part, on Conformity Assessment and Acceptance of Industrial Products (CAA) (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Protocol’ ), is hereby approved on behalf of the Union, subject to its conclusion. Article 2
- Mr Egbert BIERMANN, Hauptvorstand IG BCE (Main Executive Board of the Industrial Union of Mining, Chemical and Energy Workers), is hereby appointed as a member of the European Economic and Social Committee for the remainder of the current term of office, which runs until 20 September 2010.
- The laws, regulations and administrative provisions in Member States concerning the transfer of defence-related products within the Community contain disparities which may impede the movement of such products and which may distort competition within the internal market, thereby hampering innovation, industrial cooperation and the competitiveness of the defence industry in the European Union.
- After an initial tendering process, LNM holdings N.V (now merged into Mittal Steel but referred to hereinafter as ‘LNM’) and the Industrial Union of Donbass (hereinafter ‘Donbass’) have been selected by TFS and HCz as preferred bidders to enter into exclusive negotiations.