- The number of jobless is at an all time high.
- The jobless became desperate for work – any work that would help them to support their families.
- Having idled jobless for a while I wavered. I'd rushed into handing in my notice but maybe I should have endured it and kept going...
- The population is defined as the number of persons who are at risk of poverty and exclusion according to three indicators (at risk of poverty; material deprivation; jobless household), leaving Member States free to set their national targets on the basis of the most appropriate indicators, taking into account their national circumstances and priorities.
- See for instance ‘Deadline for Greek shipyard — Government to decide on purchase of Hellenic Shipyards’, Financial Times, 19 April 1985, ‘According to the Greek minister of national economy and shipping, Mr G. Arsenis, the government is under pressure to buy the Hellenic Shipyards because of the structure of Greek industry’, Lloyd’s List International, 29 June 1985, ‘Government to buy ailing Greek shipyard’, Financial Times, 17 July 1985; ‘Mr A. Drossoyannnis, the Greek Minister for National Defence, has announced that all future naval newbuilding orders will be placed with Hellenic Shipyards’, Lloyd’s List International, 26 July 1985; ‘Jobless shipyard workers march in Athens’, The Wall Street Journal, 12 July 1985.