- an inconspicuous clause in a document or bill that affects its meaning in a way that is not immediately apparent
"when I demanded my money he showed me the joker in the contract"
- a person who does something thoughtless or annoying
"some joker is blocking the driveway"
- a playing card that is usually printed with a picture of a jester
- He's got a joker.
- He has the Joker.
- He is a good joker.
- The Joker is the wild card, OK?
- It's time to play the joker.
- The joke loses everything when the joker laughs himself.
- No practical joker should be without a whoopee cushion.