disposing of money or property with the expectation that the same thing (or an equivalent) will be returned
- Would you mind lending me your car?
- Thank you for lending us the book.
- Banks are cutting lending to industrial borrowers.
- Tom doesn't mind lending Mary money.
- Would you mind lending me your pen?
- I don't mind lending some money to you.
- He approached his uncle about lending him some money.
- Bank lending is rising because of lower interest rates.
- Tom finally talked Mary into lending him her accordion.
- I finally talked her into lending me the book.
- Besides lending books, libraries offer various other services.
- Don't make me regret lending you this money.
- Money lending is a profitable business in this country.
- I thanked him for lending me a book.
- Lending money to such a fellow is as good as throwing it away.