- the sea personified; father of Manannan; corresponds to Welsh Llyr
- Ministry of Economy and Finance LIR
- The Commission approved the LIR scheme by decision of 1 September 1987.
- The LIR scheme was approved by the Commission by letter of 1 September 1987 (SG(87) D/10875).
- The measure constituted a complement to regional aid granted in 1994 by Spain under Law 50/85 of 27 December on regional incentives to remedy inter-regional economic imbalances (LIR), approved by the Commission .Measure 4
- The Commission approved the LIR scheme by decision of 1 September 1987. Therefore, the EUR 2550000 subsidy granted to Chupa Chups under this regional aid scheme constitutes compatible aid.
- On this basis, the aid can be declared compatible since: (i) it constitutes regional aid, in so far as it was applied to investments in fixed assets that were eligible under the LIR; (ii) the accumulated aid intensity remained below the 50 % ceiling for the Asturias region applicable at the time.
- As regards the EUR 730000 in aid granted on 14 March 1997 by the Asturias regional government under Decree 7/96, the Spanish authorities claim that this aid should be regarded as an extension of scheme N 448/94 in support to SMEs in Asturias (exceptionally applicable to large companies contributing to regional development), and that it would constitute a complement to regional aid granted in 1994 by Spain under Law 50/85 (LIR).