- the ability to read and write
- This organisation promotes literacy in rural areas.
- Secondly, the literacy rate in Europe of that time was low.
- Many new teachers feel ill-prepared to teach basic literacy and numeracy.
- In China, there is a large number of characters, so the goal of the character simplification was to replace the complex traditional characters with easy to remember simplified characters and increase the literacy rate.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Numeracy and/or literacy skills
- Media literacy includes all media.
- Professional training and media literacy
- Examples of possible actions concerning media literacy:
- widen ICT, including digital content, accessibility and digital literacy;
- supporting initiative and partnership to assess and improve health literacy.
- Media literacy includes all media. The aim of media literacy is to increase people's awareness of the many forms of media messages encountered in their everyday lives.
- Media literacy should be addressed in different ways at different levels.
- examples of possible actions concerning media literacy are outlined in Annex II;
- Media literacy is a matter of inclusion and citizenship in today’s information society.