- the main land mass of a country or continent; as distinguished from an island or peninsula
- The island is cut off far from the mainland.
- We took a ferry from the island to the mainland.
- It is usually the islander who sees the mainland most clearly.
- All communication with the mainland was cut off by the typhoon.
- Often, Kanji is like nonsense in Japanese because it has multiple readings, including the native and the mainland import.
- Portugal (mainland)
- France (mainland)
- Portugal (mainland.)
- France (mainland): 0,0074;
- Mainland serow Oryx dammah (I)
- Italy (Sardinia) — France (Corsica) — Italy (mainland)
- Submarine cable Sardinia (IT) — Italy mainland
- Connection between the Balearic Islands (ES) and the mainland Spain
- Connections in island regions, including connections to the mainland
- Connection Italy mainland — Sicily (IT): doubling of the connection Sorgente (IT) — Rizziconi (IT)