man of action
man of action
someone inclined to act first and think later
- Tom is a man of action.
- He is a man of action.
- Thomas is a man of action.
- He is what is called a man of action.
- One must act as a man of thought and think as a man of action.
- He is not a learned man, but a man of action.
- The Member States and the Commission shall inform each other of cases where the action of bodies responsible for ensuring compliance with the standards of protection in the Isle of Man fails to secure such compliance.
- Council Decision 1999/847/EC of 9 December 1999 establishing a Community action programme in the field of civil protection  provided for Community action in the field of prevention, preparedness and response to natural and man-made disasters both at land and sea for the period from 1 January 2000 to 31 December 2004.
- Member States shall inform the Commission without delay when measures are adopted on the basis of Article 3. 2. The Member States and the Commission shall inform each other of cases where the action of bodies responsible for ensuring compliance with the standards of protection in the Isle of Man fails to secure such compliance.
- reconstructing and rehabilitating, in the medium- and long-term, regions and countries affected by conflict, man-made and natural disasters, including support for mine-action, demobilisation and reintegration actions, while ensuring the continuum between relief, rehabilitation and development in accordance with Article 2(6), bearing in mind the competences of the Community and its Member States;
- Without prejudice to their powers to take action to ensure compliance with national provisions adopted pursuant to provisions other than Article 25 of Directive 95/46/EC, the competent authorities in Member States may exercise their existing powers to suspend data flows to a recipient in the Isle of Man in order to protect individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data in the following cases: