- an academic degree higher than a bachelor's degree but lower than a doctor's degree
- I'm getting a master's degree in education.
- He got a master's degree in law.
- She got her master's degree three years ago.
- Tom is working toward a master's degree in engineering.
- She got a master's degree three years ago.
- grants to support operating costs of the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC), in particular for the European Master's Degree Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation and the EU-UN Fellowship Programme, fully accessible to nationals of third countries, as well as other education, training and research activities promoting human rights and democratisation;