- an informal use of the Latin word for mother; sometimes used by British schoolboys or used facetiously
- Sptar Mater Dei (Mater Dei Hospital).
- No history of exposure to human pituitary hormones or human dura mater graft
- recipients of hormones derived from the human pituitary gland (such as growth hormones) and recipients of grafts of cornea, sclera and dura mater, and persons that have undergone undocumented neurosurgery (where dura mater may have been used).
- Routine investigations do not suggest an alternative diagnosis No history of exposure to human pituitary hormones or human dura mater graft
- The list of SRMs removed from ovine and caprine animals includes in particular the brain in the cranial cavity, the spinal chord with the dura mater and the tonsils of animals aged over 12 months or which have a permanent incisor erupted through the gum, and the spleen and ileum of animals of all ages.