- United States anthropologist noted for her claims about adolescence and sexual behavior in Polynesian cultures (1901-1978)
- United States philosopher of pragmatism (1863-1931)
- The American anthropologist Margaret Mead once said that one should never underestimate what a small group of dedicated people can accomplish.
- Mead and Bateson chose the upland village of Bajoeng Gede for their research, because a lack of iodine in the villagers' diet made them slow of speech.
- Margaret Mead ascribes to the Balinese she studied an inability to follow complex directions. I ask, "What of her ability to express complex directions in Balinese?"
- Sticking agent for mead 
- CPA 11.03.10: Other fermented beverages (e.g., cider, perry, mead); mixed beverages containing alcohol
- In fruit wines  without added sugar (including cider and perry) or in mead:
- Dalebout, M. L., Mead, J. G., Baker, C. S., Baker, A. N. and van Helden, A. L. 2002.
- Sticking agent for mead In compliance with the specific purity criteria for food additive E 558
- Fermented beverages and mixtures thereof (including with non-alcoholic beverages, cider, perry and mead; excluding malt beer, wine of grapes flavoured with plants or aromatic substances)
- Other fermented beverages (for example, cider, perry, mead); mixtures of fermented beverages and mixtures of fermented beverages and non-alcoholic beverages, not elsewhere specified or included
- Dalebout, M. L., Mead, J. G., Baker, C. S., Baker, A. N. and van Helden, A. L. 2002. A new species of beaked whale Mesoplodon perrini sp. n. (Cetacea: Ziphiidae) discovered through phylogenetic analyses of mitochondrial DNA sequences.
- From 1 December 2007, under the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 780/2006, sulphur dioxide and potassium metabisulphite are permitted for the processing of fruit wines, made from fruit other than grapes, and also for the processing of cider, perry and mead.