- establishing something (e.g. gold or silver) as the legal tender of a country
- Monetisation of allowances and management of revenues
- For the purposes of monetisation of allowances and management of revenues, the Commission shall act on behalf of Member States.
- the monetisation of the allowances referred to in Directive 2003/87/EC for the support of CCS and RES demonstration projects, and the management of the related revenues;
- This Decision, including the provisions in relation to the monetisation of allowances, shall be without prejudice to other implementing acts adopted pursuant to Directive 2003/87/EC.
- The EIB has agreed that, acting on request of, on behalf of and for the account of the Commission, it should perform certain tasks in respect of the project selection, the monetisation of allowances and the management of the revenues.
- The Member States and the Commission shall ensure that the 300 million allowances referred to in Article 2(1) shall be transferred to the EIB for monetisation and management of the revenues.
- With a view to ensuring a smooth functioning of this mechanism, it is necessary to lay down both the rules and criteria for the selection and implementation of those projects and the basic principles for the monetisation of allowances and for the management of revenues.