- exclusive control or possession of something
"They have no monopoly on intelligence"
- He's playing Monopoly.
- She's playing Monopoly.
- Postal services are a government monopoly.
- Tom and Mary are playing Monopoly.
- Monopoly is a popular game for families to play.
- The company has a monopoly on the nation's tobacco business.
- Though he long dominated the steel industry, he never achieved a complete monopoly.
- Monopoly sure takes me back. I remember Illinois Avenue. It's red, isn't it?
- Mary, this mischievous girl, came sticking her name at the beginning of this sentence, in order to not leave that monopoly to Tom, although it wasn't necessary at all.
- The German spirits monopoly and its development
- SNCM has always had a monopoly over its principal activity.
- (asset management): Pension fund management is provided by State monopoly.
- The system provided for in Article 58a of the Spirits Monopoly Law will make it easier for the grain distilleries to leave the monopoly.
- The Budget Consolidation Law introduced a general reform of the German spirits monopoly.
- In the HsanG, amendments were made to the monopoly in order to reduce the aid.