- skill with numbers and mathematics
- Many new teachers feel ill-prepared to teach basic literacy and numeracy.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Numeracy and/or literacy skills
- Building on a sound mastery of numeracy, the emphasis is on process and activity, as well as knowledge.
- Too many people do not enter, or remain in, the labour market, because of lack of skills including in basic literacy and numeracy, or due to skills mismatches.
- developing ways to measure learning outcomes in order to better assess the quality of education, especially in literacy, numeracy and essential life skills;
- Learning to learn skills require firstly the acquisition of the fundamental basic skills such as literacy, numeracy and ICT skills that are necessary for further learning.
- A good part of the training offered under this block concerns general IT skills, English language training, literacy and numeracy skills, etc. For example, literacy and numeracy training is designed to fill in gaps that were verified in adults working in industrial sectors in all parts of the world, irrespective of their level of education.
- Competence in the fundamental basic skills of language, literacy, numeracy and in information and communication technologies (ICT) is an essential foundation for learning, and learning to learn supports all learning activities.
- The personalised literacy and numeracy training, for example, will improve the capacity of the employees with different education backgrounds to communicate and convey concepts and ideas, and their ability to interpret in quantitative terms changes in the surrounding environment.
- The literacy and numeracy training is intended to improve the capacity of employees to formulate ideas/concepts and communicate them fluently, and to interpret changes in the surrounding environment in quantitative terms.
- The training offered under this block conveys general knowledge (e.g. general IT skills, English language training, literacy and numeracy skills) which are beneficial to all categories of employees, irrespective of their educational background.
- In particular, the literacy and numeracy courses, which will be provided to both blue collar employees and staff in leadership positions, are budgeted to cost approximately EUR 22,5 million each.
- Literacy and numeracy training is not necessary to function on the job, as the technology used at the plant relies on Visual Factory systems that convey simplified visual work instructions.
- Eligible costs for this block amount to EUR 93,13 million, for which aid up to EUR 46,56 million aid could be claimed. In particular, the literacy and numeracy courses, which will be provided to both blue collar employees and staff in leadership positions, are budgeted to cost approximately EUR 22,5 million each.