- behavior intended to please your parents
"their children were never very strong on obedience"
- the act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person
- the trait of being willing to obey
- Through obedience learn to command.
- They enforced obedience upon us.
- Don't interpret their silence as obedience.
- Their culture values obedience to those in positions of authority.
- The duty of a daughter is in obedience.
- We should always act in obedience to the law.
- The fear of some divine and supreme powers keeps men in obedience.
- In obedience to the words from my strict father, I was admitted to this institute.
- Then I'll work on the principle that deference is no substitute for obedience.
- The obedience of everyone to rules, even absurd ones, promotes a greater cohesion within society.
- God then wanted to test Abraham's obedience, and called out his name.
- If you have a complaint let me hear it. There's a difference between superficial obedience and honest loyalty you know.
- The strongest is never strong enough to always be master, unless he transforms strength into right, and obedience into duty. From there derives the right of the strongest.