- geneeskunde op het gebied van de geboorte van kinderen
assisting women at childbirth
the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
- In Japan, only women are entitled to take the national obstetrics exam.
- This is a true story. A woman was admitted to a reputed obstetrics clinic to give birth.
- They replied that because all 61 beds in the obstetrics/gynaecology department were full, no admissions were possible.
- Gynaecology and obstetrics:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
- Minimum period of training: 5 years Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Preparation for delivery (including knowledge and use of technical equipment in obstetrics)
- Care of women with pathological conditions in the fields of gynaecology and obstetrics.
- adequate knowledge of the sciences on which the activities of midwives are based, particularly obstetrics and gynaecology;
- adequate clinical experience gained in approved institutions under the supervision of staff qualified in midwifery and obstetrics;
- Observation and care of the new-born requiring special care, including those born pre-term, post-term, underweight or ill. Care of women with pathological conditions in the fields of gynaecology and obstetrics.
- detailed knowledge of biological functions, anatomy and physiology in the field of obstetrics and of the newly born, and also a knowledge of the relationship between the state of health and the physical and social environment of the human being, and of his behaviour;