- unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses
- for the purpose of attack rather than defense
- causing anger or annoyance
- substitute a harsher or distasteful term for a mild one
- That's offensive.
- The smell was offensive.
- Tom is offensive.
- I find that offensive.
- This is offensive.
- His smug behavior is offensive.
- The politician's speech was offensive.
- His irreligious statements are offensive.
- The friendly pat was offensive.
- I find his every word truly offensive.
- The word "nigger" is an offensive term.
- Several soldiers were injured in the offensive.
- The pat on the back was offensive.
- We recoiled from the enemy's offensive.
- The plans for the offensive were secret.