- neiging om alles van de beste zijde te beschouwen
- a general disposition to expect the best in all things
- I don't share your optimism.
- Optimism is merely a lack of information.
- There is considerable optimism that the economy will improve.
- My father chose not to disturb my optimism.
- Optimism is like the lamp of hope. Pessimism [or negativity] is like a drug of sorrow.
- That proved to be no more than an expression of optimism when World War II began.
- If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
- The established inadequacy of the cash flow and undue optimism about the non-strategic asset disposals continued to have an impact on France Télécom's share price and on the rating of its debt.