- an adult castrated bull of the genus Bos; especially Bos taurus
- Strong as an ox.
- Where is the ox going?
- A buffalo is akin to an ox.
- An old ox makes straight furrows
- The plural of ox is oxen.
- He who steals a pin will steal an ox.
- He that will steal an egg will steal an ox.
- From the old ox, the young one learns to plow.
- They had lit a fire fit to roast an ox.
- He immediately follows her, like an ox to the slaughter.
- The horse doesn't have horns; the ox and the sheep have horns.
- When the cow flies high and the ox flies low, there probably is a twister.
- An ox is captured by the horns, a person is bound by his word.
- He immediately goes after her, like an ox to the slaughter.
- Why don't we take a drive round the island on this ox carriage?