- niet handelend
- expressing that the subject of the sentence is the patient of the action denoted by the verb
"academics seem to favor passive sentences"
- lijdende vorm van het werkwoord
- the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the source) of the action denoted by the verb
"`The ball was thrown by the boy' uses the passive voice"
"`The ball was thrown' is an abbreviated passive"
- He is passive in everything.
- He has a passive character.
- He was passive by nature.
- Watching TV is a passive activity.
- How can you be so passive? Why don't you retaliate?
- Observation is a passive science, experimentation an active science.
- The Mandarin passive is used under the following circumstances.
- The passive man seldom, if ever, expresses himself.
- Included for the grammar section it includes the passive voice of the present perfect.
- Watching television changes the role of the fans by making their participation more passive and distant.
- 67% of those who never smoked said they worried about the health effects of passive smoking.
- It is clearly shown in Johnson's investigation that passive smoking is very harmful.
- TV is harmful in that it keeps your mind in a passive state.
- In the official question collection it is explained as being "passive voice of the present continuous tense".
- Condillac, with sensationalism, revolutionised the concept of mind, making language and gesture prior to ideas, shattering Locke's conception of language as a mere passive medium.