- full of difficulty or confusion or bewilderment
"perplexed state of the world"
- Tom looks perplexed.
- I was truly perplexed.
- Tom seems perplexed.
- He was perplexed.
- He was utterly perplexed.
- Her tears perplexed him.
- Tom is perplexed.
- The problem perplexed him.
- The situation left him perplexed.
- He was perplexed at the unexpected result.
- We were perplexed by the crossword puzzle clue.
- What left me perplexed is that the answer was so simple and nobody could guess it.
- He said with a perplexed expression, "I've heard nothing, so I can't say anything."
- The Bible, as a revelation from God, was not designed to give us all the information we might desire, nor to solve all the questions about which the human soul is perplexed, but to impart enough to be a safe guide to the haven of eternal rest.