- zeeroversschip, piratenschip
- a ship that is manned by pirates
- We could see what we thought was a pirate ship in the distance.
- Our seamen have always been famous for a matchless alacrity and intrepidity in time of danger; this has saved many a British ship, when other seamen would have run below deck, and left the ship to the mercy of the waves, or, perhaps, of a more cruel enemy, a pirate.
- If the master has exercised his right to turn off the automatic identification system (AIS) during transit of the piracy area, this should be turned on once the ship comes under pirate attack.