- giving pleasure and satisfaction
"a pleasing piece of news"
"pleasing in manner and appearance"
- It should be pleasing.
- The show was pleasing to the audience.
- This wine is pleasing to the palate.
- That should be pleasing to anyone.
- I said so with a view to pleasing him.
- The art of pleasing is the art of deception.
- This melody is very pleasing to my ears. Please continue.
- Green leaves in a park are pleasing to the eye.
- I did so with a view to pleasing him.
- The music of Mozart is always pleasing to me.
- David has a keen interest in aesthetics — the qualities that make a painting, sculpture, musical composition, or poem pleasing to the eye, ear, or mind.
- Rows of houses, each of them different and pleasing with their spacious gardens, are replaced by purely functional blocks of flats which have nothing more to commend them than over-praised 'modern conveniences'.