port of call
port of call
any port where a ship stops except its home port
- Intended port of call
- sailing information (last port of call, port of destination),
- (insert port of call en route)
- The master intending to call into a designated port shall notify the competent authority of the port Member State in accordance with the provisions of Article 63b.
- If the next port of call of the ship is a port of a State outside the Community, the Member State shall take the necessary measures to ensure that the next port of call of the ship is informed about the suspected discharge and shall request the State of the next port of call to take the appropriate measures in respect of any such discharge.
- call for the assistance of the relevant authorities in the respective States, including flag-State and port-State surveyors, coastguard officers, vessel traffic service operators, search and rescue teams, pilots or other port or maritime personnel.
- for seamen going ashore to stay in the area of the port where their ships call or in the adjacent municipalities;
- if the port of call is not known or it is changed during the voyage, as soon as this information is available.
- the name, home port, national registration number and call sign of the vessel and, if applicable, its IMO/Lloyd's registration number;
- if the inspection may be carried out in another port of call within the Community or the Paris MOU region within 15 days, provided the State in which such port of call is located has agreed in advance to perform the inspection.
- The master intending to call into a designated port shall notify the competent authority of the port Member State in accordance with the provisions of Article 63b. The port Member State shall forward without delay this information to the flag State of the vessel and to the Commission or a body designated by it, which shall transmit it without delay to the NAFO Secretariat.
- Where a vessel or aircraft is to call at more than one port or airport in the customs territory of the Community, provided that it moves between those ports without calling at any port or airport outside the customs territory of the Community, an entry summary declaration shall be lodged at the first Community port or airport for all the goods carried.
- to the travel documents of seamen who are present within the territory of a Member State only when their ship puts in and in the area of the port of call;
- Nevertheless, where an inspection of a Priority I ship is not performed, the relevant ship shall not be exempted from being inspected at the next port of call within the Community in accordance with this Directive.
- The notification shall specify the name, international radio call sign and port letters and number (PLN) of the vessel, the total quantity by species on board and the control area through which the vessel will enter EC waters.