- a preliminary introduction to a statute or constitution (usually explaining its purpose)
- make a preliminary introduction, usually to a formal document
- PREAMBLE – DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Preamble – Definition of terms
- The Preamble of the Convention shall be deleted and replaced by the following new Preamble:
- the section entitled PREAMBLE is amended as follows:
- On page 10, recital 4 of the preamble:
- Staff Regulations of the European Union Institute for Security Studies PREAMBLE
- In the preamble, a new second paragraph shall be inserted as follows:
- In the preamble the third paragraph shall be replaced by the following:
- The internationally recognised standards and norms are those of the instruments referred to in the Preamble of the Cotonou Agreement.
- a preamble setting out the procedure followed in the elaboration of the report and a list of contents,
- Specific attention was drawn to the extension in the conclusion in the preamble to Decision 2006/323/EC.
- This is clear from the recitals in the preamble to the Decision and the text of Article 8 of Directive 92/81/EEC on which it is based.
- The preamble to both documents states that ‘the national television broadcasting companies (France 2 and France 3) provide a television service for all citizens.