- woordsoort voor verwijzende woorden; voornaamwoord
a function word that is used in place of a noun or noun phrase
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
- If one were to use the pronoun "one" it would go a long way towards relieving the inconvenience of not having a gender-neutral pronoun in English.
- Wouldn't it be great if a gender-neutral pronoun for "he" or "she" existed in English?
- However, the preposition+relative pronoun (which) part becomes a relative adverb (where).
- In English there are eight main parts of speech: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, preposition, conjunction and finally interjection.
- The relative pronoun 'that' has two states, a nominative case and objective case, but there is no possessive case.
- In Sweden a gender-neutral pronoun was introduced to make the distinction between male and female grammatically unnecessary
- Of all the Globish mistakes that I encounter on a day-to-day basis, I must say that referring to a person with the pronoun "it" really takes the cake.