- juiste verhouding
- the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree
"an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"
"a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
- harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- adjust in size relative to other things
- give pleasant proportions to
- In Japan wages are usually in proportion to seniority.
- The media blew the whole thing out of proportion.
- The punishment should be in proportion to the crime.
- In proportion as the sales increase, the profit will rise.
- Robert got a small proportion of the profit.
- His extravagance is out of proportion to his wage.
- Each man's pay was in proportion to his work.
- You'll have to proportion your expenditure to your income.
- You will progress in proportion to your abilities.
- This beer contains a high proportion of alcohol.
- His income bears no proportion to his social standing.
- Our earnings are in proportion to our real ability.
- Each man's pay will be in proportion to his work.
- The income tax rate increases in proportion as your salary rises.
- A working man should be paid in proportion to his skill, not his age.