- Pungent fumes arose from the chemical mixture.
- A pungent, salty odor wafted from the kitchen.
- The characteristic pungent vapours of acrolein are evolved
- Colourless, non-flammable gas with strong pungent suffocating odour
- Clear, colourless liquid having a pungent, characteristic odour
- Clear, colourless solution, having an exceedingly pungent, characteristic odour
- Clear, colourless or slightly yellowish, corrosive liquid having a pungent odour
- White crystalline powder or transparent prisms having a cooling, saline, pungent taste
- Colourless or slightly yellowish, oily liquid with a slightly pungent odour
- A colourless gas under normal environmental conditions with a slight pungent odour.
- Furfuraldehyde is a light yellow liquid with a characteristic pungent odour, which is obtained by processing different types of agricultural waste.
- Heat a few drops of the sample in a test tube with about 0,5 g of potassium bisulphate. The characteristic pungent vapours of acrolein are evolved
- As the use of flavourings should not mislead the consumer, the other maximum 5 % can only be used for standardisation or to give a, for example, more fresh, pungent, ripe or green note to the flavouring.