- (stock market) a series of transactions in which the speculator increases his holdings by using the rising market value of those holdings as margin for further purchases
- increase rapidly and progressively step by step on a broad base
- use or deal in (as of stock or commercial transaction) in a pyramid deal
- enlarge one's holdings on an exchange on a continued rise by using paper profits as margin to buy additional amounts
- arrange or build up as if on the base of a pyramid
- It's not a pyramid scheme.
- The shape of the roof looks like a pyramid.
- It's not a pyramid scheme, it's a gifting circle!
- There's a pyramid in Mexico bigger than any of those in Egypt.
- The secret of the pyramid was brought to light by science.
- Ensure effective prosecution of individuals and companies who participated in the ‘pyramid’ tax evasion schemes.
- Alsatian apiculture today is made up of a very large number of bee-keepers (currently close to 4000) who are members of pyramid-shaped and decentralised unions.
- The axis of the pyramid shall be vertical and its smaller section shall contact the aperture area of the escape hatch.
- The collision body must be of steel and have the shape of a pyramid with equilateral-triangle faces and a square base, the summit and the edges being rounded to a radius of 3 mm. The centre of percussion of the pendulum must coincide with the centre of gravity of the pyramid; its distance from the axis of rotation of the pendulum must be 1 m. The total mass of the pendulum must be 15 kg.
- When the structural thickness of the roof is more than 150 mm, the smaller section of the pyramid shall contact the aperture area of the escape hatch at the level of the outside surface of the roof.
- Eliminate the backlog of payment arrears of taxes and social security contributions. Ensure effective prosecution of individuals and companies who participated in the ‘pyramid’ tax evasion schemes. Complete market liberalisation.
- ‘trawl nets’ means nets which are actively towed by the main boat engine and consisting of a cone- or pyramid-shaped body (as trawl body) closed at the back by a cod-end and which can extend at the opening by the wings or can be mounted on a rigid frame.
- Establishing, operating or promoting a pyramid promotional scheme where a consumer gives consideration for the opportunity to receive compensation that is derived primarily from the introduction of other consumers into the scheme rather than from the sale or consumption of products.
- poultry presenting salmonella infection with clinical signs in a way likely to cause undue suffering to the animals; the infected flocks treated with antimicrobials shall still be considered infected with salmonella; appropriate measures shall be taken in breeding flocks to reduce as much as possible the risk of spreading salmonella through the rest of the breeding pyramid;
- Except in the case of Class I vehicles, at least one escape hatch shall be located such that a four-sided truncated pyramid having a side angle of 20 degrees and a height of 1600 mm touches part of a seat or equivalent support.