- dividing into four equal parts
- living accommodations (especially those assigned to military personnel)
- Coning and quartering is not recommended because this might provide subsamples with high splitting error.
- Where half-carcasses are cut into quarters, the quartering shall be carried out in accordance with Annex III to this Regulation.
- If necessary the aggregate sample shall first be reduced to at least 2 kg or two litres (reduced sample) either by using a mechanical or automatic divider or by the quartering method.