- classify anew, change the previous classification
"The zoologists had to reclassify the mollusks after they found new species"
- 42 When it is impracticable to reclassify comparative amounts, an entity shall disclose:
- An entity shall not reclassify a financial asset in accordance with paragraph 50B, 50D or 50E before 1 July 2008.
- Furthermore, it shall not reclassify that goodwill to profit or loss if it disposes of the subsidiary or if the investment in the subsidiary becomes impaired.’
- 41 When the entity changes the presentation or classification of items in its financial statements, the entity shall reclassify comparative amounts unless reclassification is impracticable.
- In some circumstances, it is impracticable to reclassify comparative information for a particular prior period to achieve comparability with the current period.
- An entity shall not reclassify a financial instrument into or out of the fair value through profit or loss category while it is held or issued.
- This paragraph applies when, following a request by the authority that granted the approval, or at its own initiative, the manufacturer applies for a modification of an existing certificate in order to reclassify one or several malfunctions.
- on disposal of a foreign operation, to reclassify the cumulative translation difference for that foreign operation (including, if applicable, gains and losses on related hedges) from equity to profit or loss as part of the gain or loss on disposal.’
- An entity shall reclassify a financial instrument from the date when the instrument ceases to have all the features or meet all the conditions set out in those paragraphs.
- It shall reclassify an equity instrument as a financial liability from the date when the instrument ceases to have all the features or meet the conditions in paragraphs 16A and 16B or paragraphs 16C and 16D.
- However, the competent authority may reclassify a production area as being of Class B or C if it meets the relevant criteria set out in Part A and presents no other risk to human health.
- It shall reclassify a financial liability as equity from the date when the instrument has all the features and meets the conditions set out in paragraphs 16A and 16B or paragraphs 16C and 16D.
- For example, if an entity redeems all its issued non-puttable instruments and any puttable instruments that remain outstanding have all the features and meet all the conditions in paragraphs 16A and 16B, the entity shall reclassify the puttable instruments as equity instruments from the date when it redeems the non-puttable instruments.
- When … For any such financial asset, the entity shall recognise all cumulative changes in fair value in a separate component of equity until subsequent derecognition or impairment, when the entity shall reclassify that cumulative gain or loss from equity to profit or loss as a reclassification adjustment (see IAS 1 (revised 2007)).
- If the transferee has the right by contract or custom to sell or repledge the collateral, then the transferor shall reclassify that asset in its balance sheet (eg as a loaned asset, pledged equity instruments or repurchase receivable) separately from other assets.