- godsdienstoefening; eredienst in de kerk; kerkdienst; programma voor een kerkdienst; feest bij een speciale gelegenheid
- the act of public worship following prescribed rules
- adopt legislation to prevent repeated prosecutions and convictions of those who refuse to perform military service for conscientious or religious reasons.
- Member States may exempt payment service providers situated in their territory from the obligations set out in Article 5, as regards transfers of funds to organisations carrying out activities for non-profit charitable, religious, cultural, educational, social, scientific or fraternal purposes, provided that those organisations are subject to reporting and external audit requirements or supervision by a public authority or self-regulatory body recognised under national law and that those transfers of funds are limited to a maximum amount of EUR 150 per transfer and take place exclusively within the territory of that Member State.
- Some 20 articles then spell out more precisely the content of these public service tasks: pluralistic expression of different trends of thought and opinion; fairness, independence and pluralism of information; adjustment to technological change; adaptation of programmes to cater for the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing; transmission of government communiqués, the main parliamentary debates and broadcasts reserved for political parties, trade unions and professional associations and the main religious denominations represented in France; broadcasting of messages devoted to major national causes, road safety and consumer information; transmission of educational and social welfare broadcasts; obligations relating to the transmission and nature of documentaries, news and current affairs programmes, drama, music, dance, variety shows, sporting events, programmes for children and young people and fictional works.
- RTP has: (a) and (c) to contribute to enlightening, informing and educating the population; (b) to guarantee news coverage: (d) to (h) to make broadcasting time available for official messages, religious events, political parties, trade unions, the government and the public administration; (i) to broadcast two general coverage programmes, one of which should cover the Autonomous Regions of Madeira and the Azores; (j) and (m) to broadcast programmes on education, training, sport and culture; (l) to support and promote the cinema; (n) to keep audiovisual files; (o) to exchange programmes and information with Madeira and the Azores; (p) to produce and broadcast programmes for Portuguese communities abroad; (q) to cooperate with Portuguese-speaking countries; (r) to ensure direct coverage of main events abroad; (s) to maintain contacts with other European public service television broadcasters; and (t) to ensure that television broadcasting is in conformity with the guidelines laid down by the competent international bodies.