- firm in purpose or belief; characterized by firmness and determination
"stood resolute against the enemy"
"faced with a resolute opposition"
- Tom is resolute.
- resolute action to increase female participation and reduce gender gaps in employment, unemployment and pay,
- On the subject of France Télécom, the document states that: ‘Thanks to the State's resolute support and to the appointment of Thierry Breton, France Télécom has been more than just saved from a life-threatening situation.’
- implementing, at national level, effective export, transit, transhipment and re-export controls, including appropriate laws and regulations for that purpose, and resolute international and national efforts to combat proliferation financing and to control access to intangible transfers of technology;
- recognising that major nuclear proliferation challenges have occurred in recent years, in particular in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the Islamic Republic of Iran, stressing that the international community must be ready to face up to them and stressing the need to take resolute action in response;