- deftig; statig
- characterized by socially or conventionally acceptable morals
"a respectable woman"
- Tom looks respectable.
- I'm a respectable businessman.
- He is respectable in every way.
- I know some most respectable people in the town.
- He is said to have been a man of respectable position.
- I hope to earn a respectable income by the time I settle down.
- They were of a respectable family in the north of England.
- He seems like a respectable businessman, but he's really part of the Mafia.
- Hers is a respectable family with a long history behind it.
- To equip a dull, respectable person with wings would be but to make a parody of an angel.
- At no period of our ancient history does there appear to have been greater attention paid to the culture of the female mind than during the age of Elizabeth and at no time has there existed a greater number of amiable and respectable women.
- Institutions and employers adhering to the Code of Conduct will openly demonstrate their commitment to act in a responsible and respectable way and to provide fair framework conditions to researchers, with a clear intention to contribute to the advancement of the European Research Area.