- designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure
- Give him rigid training.
- Tom stood rigid.
- Military discipline is literally rigid.
- He is rigid in his views.
- I was brought up under rigid discipline.
- It goes without saying military discipline is literally rigid.
- He's very rigid in his ideas on marriage.
- The pupils are supposed to observe rigid discipline.
- There's a very rigid hierarchy in the Civil Service.
- The frame of the machine should be rigid.
- You aren't cut out for the military because of its rigid discipline.
- Rigid wheels give sufficient stability to a low-speed vehicle steered by outside forces.
- Education should be rigid when explaining to young children that differences exist and have to be respected — therefore the importance of a secular and impartial state.
- According to the IAU, a "dwarf planet" is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, (c) has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite.