- the sport or pastime of scaling rock masses on mountain sides (especially with the help of ropes and special equipment)
- They went rock climbing.
- Tom decided he was too old for rock climbing.
- While Adam was rock-climbing, he fell and broke his leg.
- I've done rock climbing and deep-sea diving and slept in the jungle of Indonesia.
- Specific procedures may require the use of certain other species which do not fall into these categories, such as semi-aquatic, arboreal or rock-climbing reptiles.