- a shape that is curved and without sharp angles
- An apple is round in shape.
- According to the IAU, a "dwarf planet" is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, (c) has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite.
- Group B: shape BB01-3 Non-tubular BB02-6 Tubular BB03-9 Round BB04-2
- However, except for the last mentioned, those having an internal cross-section other than round, oval, rectangular (in which the length does not exceed one-and-a-half times the width) or in the shape of a regular polygon are not to be regarded as tubes, pipes and hoses but as profile shapes.