- (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding off numbers to a convenient number of decimals
"the error in the calculation was attributable to rounding"
"taxes are rounded off to the nearest dollar but the rounding error is surprisingly small"
- He threw away the race after rounding the third turn.
- After rounding the Dragon's Tooth, the wind was on our side, and we were flying. It felt like we were running twice as fast.
- Rounding error
- Variation due to rounding
- RA (rounding adjustment)
- Monetary units and rounding:
- Rounding-off of animal numbers
- There may be discrepancies due to rounding.
- Variations in totals are due to the effects of rounding,
- RA (rounding adjustment) TW (transfer to retained waste)
- Totals/sub-totals may not add up, due to rounding.
- Variations in totals are due to the effects of rounding.
- Figures do not add up because of rounding.
- The figures do not fully add up because of rounding.